Congressional Roundtable on Puerto Rico's Economy
The NiLP Report
To view the panel discussion, click here
Rep. Nydia M. Velázquez (D-NY) recently hosted a panel of experts and other Members of Congress for a roundtable discussion on unlocking the keys to stimulating economic growth in Puerto Rico.
One year after passage of the Puerto Rico Oversight Management and Economic Stability Act (PROMESA), Puerto Rico is actively working to restructure its debt. However, with much more to be done, many experts say fueling growth is crucial to promoting sustainable economic recovery on the Island.
"When it comes to creating economic growth in Puerto Rico, we should leave no stone unturned," said Velázquez. "Tuesday's event allowed for a wide ranging discussion of diverse proposals to help overcome challenges Puerto Rico faces on the road back to prosperity."
The roundtable featured a diverse array of Member of Congress as well as scholars and experts in relevant fields.
- Héctor R. Cordero-Guzmán, Baruch College, CUNY
- Desmond Lachman, American Enterprise Institute
- Juan Lara, University of Puerto Rico
- Sergio M. Marxuach, Center for a New Economy
- Mario Marazzi, Puerto Rico Statistics Institute
- Edwin Meléndez, Center for Puerto Rican Studies, Hunter College
- Joaquín Villamil, Estudios Técnicos (not present)
For further information
for Rep. Nydia M. Velázquez (D-NY)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________The NiLP Report on Latino Policy & Politics is an online information service provided by the National Institute for Latino Policy. For further information, visit www.latinopolicy. org. Send comments to email@example.com.