Zero Waste Pledge
Become part of the solution! Pledge Zero Waste!
About a third of New Yorkers' waste can be recycled through the City’s curbside recycling program; another third can be recovered through the City’s organics programs; and another 10% (textiles, electronic waste, harmful household products, and plastic bags) can be diverted through donations and take-back programs!
Instead of sending trash to a far-away landfill or incinerator, pledge to reduce, reuse, and recycle!
I pledge to:
- recycle metal, glass, and plastic; and paper & cardboard
- recycle food scraps and yard waste
- recycle electronic waste
- safely dispose of harmful household products
- reduce waste by using reusable shopping bags, bottles and mugs
- donate clothing and textiles
To support my Zero Waste Pledge
You will receive from DSNY(while supplies last), either:
- a Zero Waste flexible cutting board
- a 0X30 reusable bag with corner pouch
You will also receive DSNY's monthly Zero Waste email newsletter (you can unsubscribe at any time).