State of Men's Heart Health Webinar
June 3, 2013
1:00–2:00 p.m. ET
Participants will learn about the current status of men's heart health in the United States, discover effective tools and strategies for involving men in improving their own heart health, and gain insights from the perspective of a male heart attack survivor. This webinar is intended for doctors, nurses, pharmacists, dietitians, public health professionals, community health workers, representatives of health care systems, and other entities interested in improving men's heart health.
- Janet Wright, MD, FACC, Executive Director, Million Hearts®, on the initiative's commitment to men's heart health.
- Thomas Frieden, MD, MPH, Director, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC),on the latest CDC statistics about men and cardiovascular disease, including racial and ethnic disparities in high blood pressure prevalence, treatment, and control. Dr. Frieden also will share how Million Hearts® promotes the use of health information technology and team-based care to reach its goal of getting blood pressure under control for 10 million more Americans.
- Salvatore Giorgianni, PharmD, Scientific Advisor, Men's Health Network, on tools and strategies pharmacists can use to talk with clients about high blood pressure and the importance of blood pressure control, as well as on working as part of a health care team to improve heart health.
- Justin Sparkes, DO, INTEGRIS Men's Health Clinic, Tulsa, OK, on nontraditional ways to tailor health care services to reach men in the community about the importance of heart health.
- Roosevelt, a heart attack survivor from CDC's "Tips From Former Smokers" campaign, on his experience and how health care professionals can engage men in taking control of their heart health and working together to reach health goals.