Part 137 Attorney-Client Fee Dispute Resolution Program Seeks Arbitrators and Mediators
Attend an Upcoming Training to Participate in this Pro Bono Program
Arbitrators and mediators interested in joining the Joint Committee on Fee Disputes and Conciliation for its Part 137 Attorney-Client Fee Dispute Resolution Program, are invited to attend a complimentary training on Monday, February 11 from 8:30 am to 5 p.m. The training will prepare participants for the program which provides for the resolution of fee disputes between attorneys and clients through arbitration and mediation.
The training will include presentations from:
• Daniel M. Weitz, Co-Counsel, Board of Governors, Attorney-Client Fee Dispute Resolution Program, Deputy Director Division of Court Operations, ADR Coordinator state-wide for Unified Court System
• James E. Daniels, Chair, Joint Committee, Mediator and Arbitrator
• Simeon H. Baum, Former Chair, Joint Committee; Member of Board of Governors for Part 137 state-wide; Litigator and President, Resolve Mediation Services, Inc.
• Lester Brickman, Professor of Law, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
• Lela Porter Love, Professor of Law and Director, Kukin Program for Conflict Resolution and the Cardozo Mediation Clinic, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
Attorneys interested in becoming an arbitrator in this program must be admitted to the New York State Bar for at least five years. E-mail a resume and cover letter highlighting any relevant experience to Lois Davis, Director of Pro Bono Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org soon as possible and no later than February 4.
Monday, February 11
8:30 a.m. - Sign In, coffee, danish and meet fellow attendees
9:00 a.m.-5 p.m. - Comprehensive Training for Part 137 & Joint Committee's Attorney- Client Fee Dispute Resolution Arbitrators: Covering Part 137 Rules, Substantive Law, Ethical Issues and Arbitration Process Skills
NYCLA Home of Law,
14 Vesey Street
New York, NY 10007
CLE credit will be offered