1250 Broadway, 27th Floor New York, NY 10001


usa_gov_logo_nyreblog_com_.gifInternal Revenue Service (IRS) Form W-2 - Wage and Tax Statement

For tax information, contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)  at 1.800.829.1040. TTY users may call 1.800.829.4059.

An employer gives you a Form W-2 - Wage and Tax Statement  by January 31 of the current tax year. If you do not receive your Form W-2 by February 14, contact the IRS for assistance. 

If you have questions about the information supplied on the W-2, contact your employer or the IRS.

You can file your income tax return using Form 4852 - Substitute for Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement  (PDF document) to support the withholding amount claimed.

View Form W-2 Information - Additional, Incorrect, Lost, Non-receipt, and Omitted  for more information.

If you need certain prior year tax return information, you can obtain it from the IRS .

Information for Employers
If you are an employer and need information on where, when, and how to file, visit Tax Topic 752 - Form W-2 .

Additional Resources: